Destelheide & Hanenbos offer high-quality accommodation for groups and individuals, with priority given to youth groups.
Destelheide & Hanenbos are two separate domains in the same village. Both work together but have their own individual activities. In the Destelheide domain you are stimulated by the artistic environment. In the Hanenbos domain, the forest offers opportunities for groups to get to know the surroundings and nature in an adventurous way.
The groups staying in the centres are a source of inspiration for you as an ESC volunteer to help develop the image of the centre.
Learning opportunities for the European Solidarity Corps volunteer:
- Get to know the different aspects (organisation, impact, etc) of youth work in Belgium
- Get to know the different aspects, partners and activities of artistic youth work in Belgium
- Gain experience in working for an international youth centre
- Gain experience in working in a team
- Gain experience in your specific area of expertise
- Get to know yourself and grow in self-confidence
- Expand your network with connections across Europe
- Gain more respect for (inter)cultural diversity
What is the role of the volunteer in the EDUCATIVE DEPARTMENT?
- Developing environment-related activities such as workshops, educational packages, tours, etc.
- Developing workshops on human rights education with nature or art as a tool.
What is the role of the volunteer in the COMMUNICATION TEAM?
- Collecting documentation on the different activities on the domain through different media (interviews, video, photo, etc)
- Delivering new ideas and creative input
Both volunteers support the daily activities of the various services in Destelheide & Hanenbos. For 2024 we want to welcome two volunteers for a period of ten months: 15/01/2023 - 15/11/2023
Interested? Please contact Liesbet Van Lil.